Associated Security News
Staying Safe This Christmas
20th December 2021
As the end of the year is fast approaching, many of us are looking forward to taking the well-deserved time off to spend with our loved ones during this festive season. Whether you are staying home, visiting your family in the UK or travelling for a lovely getaway abroad – we wanted to share some tips on how you can make sure that you are staying safe this Christmas.
These tips are excellent during the festive season, but we advise you to consider using them all year round.
- An obvious tip is to ensure that your windows and doors are secure. Check if all the locks are in good condition, and replace them if you have any concerns. Whether you are leaving your home or staying inside it is important that no unknown person can access your premises easily and unnoticed.
- Don’t make it evident that you are away, if you are planning to be away over the festive season ask a family member or trusted friend to watch your house while you‘re away. Make sure your house looks lived in.
- Don’t leave your Christmas gifts unattended when shopping. Two trips to the car are a better idea than carrying too many bags and leaving them on the side as you look for other gifts. Lock your bags in the car booth and avoid leaving them on the ground.
- Invest in a home alarm system. There are many options available from the security industry. Whether you think your home will benefit from having a semi-standard alarm system or you’re looking for a more complex home alarm system – a UK based security company, Total Safes have a wide range of industry-leading brands when it comes to home security.
- Keep your valuables away from your windows. Use blinds where necessary, so others can’t see what items are in your home.
- If you already have a safe – great. If not, consider purchasing one. Whether you own expensive jewellery and watches – safes, provide you with the added security you may need. Many safes in the industry also have fire protection, which is excellent if you have any important documents or cash at home that you may want to protect. Check out our website and find out more about the safes we offer at Associated Security Solutions.
- Make sure the area around your house is well lit. It will be harder for possible thieves to access your premises if there is good lighting around them.
- If you own a car, ensure that your alarm system works how it should. And that the car is parked up in a secure location.
- Smart lighting is a brilliant option if you are often not home. It detects motion and alerts you as well your neighbours about movements around your home.
- These are just a few of our tips that we advise you to consider. Look after your belongings; you can never be too over-prepared when it comes to your security.
Associated Security Solutions
Associated Security Solutions are the UK leader in the supply, installation and maintenance of a wide range of sophisticated security products. We provide safes, cabinets, access control, strongrooms, speed lanes, key control, till solutions, and security gates to businesses from a wide range of industries. Our highly trained, CRB checked, engineers, operate across the UK including Manchester, London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Newcastle and more.
For more information about the security products, we can provide get in touch today on 0161 832 2777.
Have a wonderful time with your loved ones, and stay safe this Christmas!
Get in Touch
Make an enquiry
PLEASE NOTE: Emails are monitored during normal office hours only. If you require urgent0161 832 2777.attendance of a locksmith or safe engineer please call our help desk on